For help with locating the contact information for the government agency or organization best suited to provide you with the assistance you require, please review the following:
- Agriculture, Dept. of - Agriculture in Washington, agricultural investigations and inspections, consumer food complaints, fuel pumps, agricultural licensing
- Agriculture, U.S. Dept. of - Food and nutrition programs, importing and exporting goods, rural community assistance, food safety
- Attorney General, Office of the - General consumer protection, Internet safety, antitrust/unfair trade practices
- Federal Communications Commission - Radio, television, wire, satellite and cable communications services and providers
- Federal Trade Commission - Unfair business practices, identity theft, SPAM and email phishing
- Financial Institutions, Dept. of - Financial institutions and professionals, licensing and regulations
- Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Dept. of - Safety and recalls for food, drugs, medical devices and cosmetics
- Insurance Commissioner, Office of the - Answer questions for home, auto, health, life, annuities, business and other insurance, including Medicare, consumer protection
- Local Food Safety Office - Consumer food safety, restaurant inspections
- Washington Student Achievement Council - Colleges and universities, financial aid programs, student residency, higher education consumer protection
- Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board - Licenses private, for-profit career schools; measures the performance of the state's key workforce education programs and administers the Career Bridge website, Washington’s one-stop source for career and education planning
Unable to locate a resource to meet your needs?
Knowledgeable staff at the Washington State Library are available to assist you with locating the information you seek. To speak with a representative via phone, email or chat, simply visit the Ask a Librarian page.